Here Comes the Sun!
Move to a brighter spot, somewhere you are either in the sun, or where you can witness the effects of sunshine. Don your sunglasses and shade hat to get you in a springy mood. There, now your ready!
First: Brainstorm a list of words that rhyme with either the word “Spring” or “Sun”–your choice.
Now: Using the words from your list, write a springy-sunny poem entitled “Here Comes the Sun!”
Here Comes the Sun Playlist:
• Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
• Feeling Groovy by Simon & Garfunkle
• Sunshine on My Shoulder by John Denver
• And one for Max: Springtime in Alaska by Johnny Horton
• One that is anything but springy, but I couldn’t resist: Three Days sung by KD Lang:
Set the timer for 7 minutes.
Don’t think about it too much; just do it.
*Kelly Bennett and I began this 7-Minute Poetry Challenge over 700 days ago. We now take turns creating our own prompts to share with you. If you join us in the 7-Minute Poetry Challenge let us know by posting the title, a note, or if you want, the whole dang poem. Scroll down and click on the comments!